Search This Blog

Monday, January 26, 2009

January 26th, 2009

Good Morning!

We have reached the end of the development time period! All courses must be 100% complete by February 2nd (Next Monday). At that time the peer advisers will have one week to go into your courses to provide you with feedback. After you have worked in your changes suggested by the peer advisers by February 23rd then there is only one step left
  • Changing your course to the 10 week schedule

All courses must also be designed to fit the 10 week schedule because we now offer our summer quarter courses in 10 weeks instead of 12 weeks. All courses must be changed to match the 10 week schedule by March 2nd.

For those of you that have contracts an additional $200 will be added to your payment to compensate you for this additional development work.

I blogged about how to change your courses into the 10 week schedule on December 15th so if you have questions please go back to that post for the original information. If you still have questions please feel free to contact me at any time to help you through any questions that you still have. I am happy to help!

For those of you who are current faculty members I hope you had an opportunity to attend the in-service on Friday, there was a lot of great information! For those of you who weren't able to attend Brian James did a presentation on "The Changing Classroom" and discussed many great online tools that can not only be used in a residential classroom but also an online classroom. I have attached his power point presentation to the e-mail I sent out - the ideas in this presentation are great and I hope you had an opportunity to work some of them into the design of your course.

Please let me know as soon as you finish your development and I will go in and check your course before I open it up to the peer advisers.

Have a great week!

Amy

No comments: