Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2008

June 2, 2008

We have reached the 25% deadline! I will be going into your courses this week to check for this completion and answer any questions you might have.

Last week I discussed the New Languange of Learning and mentioned that I would go into further depth on some of these topics in later blogs. This week I would like to discuss the Digg web site. In all of our courses we are required to have an external link in every unit. It is sometimes difficult to find an external link that is relevent and interesting to the students. This is where digg.com can come in handy. Check out this site to find very interesting web sites on the following topics: Technology, World & Business, Science, Gaming, Lifestyle, Entertainment, Sports, and Offbeat topics. There is also a search feature so that you can find websites related directly to what you are looking for.

For example, for our Career Development course I found an article on the cnn.com website through digg.com. The article is titled: "You're Not Getting The Job: 25 Reasons Why" There is no way I can go on every web site every day to look for meaningful articles, so digg.com helped me find a current article from CNN.com (a reputable web site) that would be interesting to our students. It is a wonderful way to keep the course fresh!

I hope that this website is helpful to you in finding web sites that your students will be interested in!

Have a great week!

No comments: