Search This Blog

Monday, June 16, 2008

June 16, 2008

Good Morning!



I do believe it has finally turned into summer here in Minnesota! I hope you are enjoying this beautiful sunny weather :-) I apologize for not posting a blog last week as the to-do list was quite long and the week slipped away from me. Hopefully this week, you will find that the information is "doubly good" and makes up for the missing blog last week!



The majority of you are coming up to your 50% deadline next Monday (6/23/08). If you have any concerns about meeting this cut off point please let me know ASAP. There are others of you that are just starting your development now and have a quick development cycle. If you have questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to e-mail me at aode@msbcollege.edu or post to this blog for other developers to help you out.


I would like to spend some time talking about Wikis in Instruction. Here is a link to the Wikipedia page on Wikis in Instruction (Ironic huh?): http://wikis.lib.ncsu.edu/index.php/Wikis_in_Instruction



This page contains a lot of great information on the definition of a wiki, services that host wikis for instruction purposes, when to use a wiki, and examples of wikis in instruction. I think that if you are at all confused about wikis, the purpose of them, and/or how they can be used in instruction, you will find this link incredibly useful.

I can't stress enough to HAVE FUN with your developments and to stretch yourself to work in new and exciting features. Wikis are just one example of a way to stretch your development muscles and incorporate new and exciting technologies into your developments.

Have a great week!

No comments: