Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 16, 2010

Hi Everyone!

I hope you're having a good week and that your developments are moving along well. It was good to connect with each of you last week regarding the progress in your courses - I'm looking forward to seeing more as the development cycle continues.

I'm going to keep my post pretty brief this week because I ran across an interesting article that I want to encourage you to read - it's in the MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching and talks about students' online experiences with virtual teams. Click here to access the article - a case study that discusses both student and faculty experiences with a term-long virtual team project facilitated in the Blackboard platform. I encourage you to read the article, making note of the challenges and benefits of virtual teams that are discussed. As a developer, consider how the information presented may help you design and implement effective team projects in your course - projects that are successful learning experiences not only for students, but also for future instructors of the course you're developing.

Again, please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions as you continue working on your developments! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Kelly

No comments: