Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2009

July 20, 2009

Good Morning Developers,

Today is the 75% check point for brand new developments. I will be going into your courses this week and will e-mail you with feedback.

This week I want to introduce you to a tool called Animoto. Animoto is a Web 2.0 tool that allows us to make amazing videos to the beat of music. It does all the work of timing and "popping" the pictures to the tune for us. It is being found that when students study by creating Animotos, their comprehension skyrockets as they thoughtfully choose pictures, songs, and text to best represent their vocabulary word or concept.

In online education I can see this as being a very fun discussion board topic. You could have students pick a vocabulary word or concept for the week and create an Animoto based on that vocab word or concept. To see an example I created an Animoto using the concept “Happy Birthday”

Here is a Jing training on Animoto

I think this Jing training does a fantastic job of showcasing the step by step instructions of how to set up a video!

I hope you have fun using this tool in your developments!

Amy

No comments: